A.Q. Miller School Honors Program
JOURNALISM | STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS
Be among the first in your class!
A springboard honors program for enhanced learning and early introduction to the A.Q. Miller School.
Applications for the 2018-2019 school year are due December 1st, 2017. (Application will be posted here soon!)
Eighteen incoming freshmen will be selected each year based on written essay, grade point average and letters of recommendation. These students will:
- Be admitted directly to the program to be JMC majors as soon as they set foot on campus.
- Participate in one honors experience each semester. Scholars will take some courses together, as a cohort.
- Travel as a group each year on a special trip to visit and report on media outlets. Scholars will blog about their experiences.
- Actively participate in student media or agency work.
- Have special access to visiting professionals in residence on campus for 3-5 days, including exclusive, day-long workshop. (Note: The visiting speaker will also give a keynote presentation for all JMC students.)
- Have automatic admission into the University Honors Program.
- Get priority enrollment.
Honors Scholars will:
- Have an ACT composite of 29 or above.*
- Have a GPA of 3.75 or above.
- Maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA at K-State.
- Earn a B or higher in courses of the major.
- Participate regularly in student media, agency or client work with professionals.
- Attend workshops with professionals in residence.
- Create a senior honors project.
Visiting Professionals will:
- Present a school-wide keynote.
- Work with student media and agencies.
- Conduct a day-long workshop for the Honors Scholars.
- Speak in classes.
*Don't match this exact criteria, but still interested in this program? Let's talk. Please contact Susan Matzke, firstname.lastname@example.org.