A.Q. Miller School Honors Program
JOURNALISM | STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS
Be among the first in your class!
A springboard honors program for enhanced learning and early introduction to the A.Q. Miller School.
Apply now! Applications for the 2018-2019 school year are due December 1st, 2017.
Applications for 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 are currently being accepted.
Eighteen incoming freshmen will be selected each year based on written essay, grade point average and letters of recommendation. These students will:
- Be admitted directly to the program to be JMC majors as soon as they set foot on campus.
- Participate in one honors experience each semester. Scholars will take some courses together, as a cohort.
- Travel as a group each year on a special trip to visit and report on media outlets. Scholars will blog about their experiences.
- Actively participate in student media or agency work.
- Have special access to visiting professionals in residence on campus for 3-5 days, including exclusive, day-long workshop. (Note: The visiting speaker will also give a keynote presentation for all JMC students.)
- Have automatic admission into the University Honors Program.
- Get priority enrollment.
Honors Scholars will:
- Have an ACT composite of 29 or above.*
- Have a GPA of 3.75 or above.
- Maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA at K-State.
- Earn a B or higher in courses of the major.
- Participate regularly in student media, agency or client work with professionals.
- Attend workshops with professionals in residence.
- Create a senior honors project.
Visiting Professionals will:
- Present a school-wide keynote.
- Work with student media and agencies.
- Conduct a day-long workshop for the Honors Scholars.
- Speak in classes.
*Don't match this exact criteria, but still interested in this program? Let's talk. Please contact Susan Matzke, firstname.lastname@example.org.