Minor in Journalism and Mass Communications
Students who choose to major in other departments on campus can still specialize in Journalism and Mass Communications through the Miller School ís 21-hour minor in Mass Communications.
This degree program is flexible enough to accommodate many student interests, ranging from writing/production courses to more generalized studies of the media professions and their relationship to society.
The minor consists of the following courses:
Nine hours of core requirements:
- MC 110: Mass Communications in Society
- JMC Writing Academy (MC 130, 131, 132)
- MC 466: Law of Mass Communications
Three hours choice block (choose one):
- MC 120: Principles of Advertising
- MC 160: Principals of Journalism
- MC 180: Fundamentals of Public Relations
Nine hours of MC electives:
- One course must be at or above the 200-level
- TWO courses must be at or above the 300-level
If you have questions about the Mass Communications minor, please contact advisor firstname.lastname@example.org.