JMC Ambassadors represent the A.Q. Miller School of Journalism and Mass Communications in a professional, enthusiastic and informed manner, interacting with a variety of audiences, including prospective students, alumni, current students and faculty.
Follow #JMCAmbassador on Twitter @kstatejmc to get to know more about what our Ambassadors are up to.
Applications for 2021-2022 are due May 31.
If you have questions about joining, contact the JMC Amabassador program chair, Jana Thomas.
Apply to Become a JMC Ambassador
- Applications to be an ambassador during the 2021 -2022 academic year are due May 31.
- Fill out the application form at the following link: https://forms.gle/4yEJ6z5putMLj3TK9.
- Within the form, you will also be asked to include a PDF of your resume, as well as a 60 second video answering the following questions: (1) Why you chose your major, (2) what you love about K-State and JMC and (3) one piece of advice you would give an incoming student. Have fun with your video and be creative!
- Ambassadors will be selected and contacted the first week of June.
- Five JMC Amabassadors will be selected to begin their role in August 2021.
- Ambassadors will be required to attend a team-building and training camp each afternoon the week of Aug. 16 - 20.
- Ambassadors will work with program chair and faculty member, Jana Thomas, 4+ hours per week. Dedicated days and hours will be determined in the fall to work with each student's schedule and the needs of the department.
- Ambassadors will have the opportunity to learn and practice their skills as a media professional and strategic communicator through work in social media management and influencing, website and blog posting, email marketing, content creation through design and audio/video production, news release writing and promotional material development, event management and photography, providing campus tours and more.
- Ambassadors must maintain a 3.0 GPA during their ambassadorship.
- Ambassador perks!
- Receive one credit hour (120 hours) of internship credit to graduate.
- Receive a $500 scholarship award.
- Gain leadership and professional communication experience.
- Receive a JMC polo and other JMC-related merch.
Fall 2021-Spring 2022 EVENTS